Our history dates back to 1952 when John McBride a PAOC missionary arrived in Nairobi with the vision of establishing a church.
The first church services were held at Rahimtulla Hall near Jevanjee Street. In September 1960, the Church moved to 28 Valley Road where the present CITAM Valley Road is located. The first sanctuary built by Rev. Richard Bombay was dedicated to God in October 1960. At that time the church was known as Pentecostal Evangelistic Centre (PEC).
The church was a small assembly of 20-30 members who were mainly European and Canadian expatriates. He built the first sanctuary that was dedicated to the Lord on 0ctober 22nd 1960. It was during the pastorate of Rev. Mervyn Thomas in the 1970’s that the name of the church changed from Nairobi Evangelistic Centre to Nairobi Pentecostal Church (NPC). He is credited with the design of the church logo and his leadership in the writing of the first Church Constitution.
There was tremendous growth in the 1980’s during the pastorate of Rev. Roy Upton and Rev. Dennis White, who handed over the leadership of the church to Bishop Bonifes Adoyo, NPC’s first
From a small assembly with a morning service attendance of about 20 to 30 people, the church has experienced continuous growth to the currently 23 assemblies sitting about 45,000 people in Sunday service attendance.